Tonight I cooked this. I was after something a bit different but didn’t want to spend a lot of money on ingredients. I saw a similar combination of foods a while ago therefore thought I would give this a try.
2 chicken breasts
4 pieces of prosciutto
1. Cut you chicken breasts in half, long ways
2. Fold the chicken in half so the short edge meets the other short edge
3. Wrap one piece of prosciutto around the chicken to hold it in half
4. Place a slice of lemon on top of where the prosciutto meets and poke a toothpick through the chicken to hold it all together
5. Repeat with your remainder of chicken
6. Heat a small amount of oil on low-medium heat in a frying pan and add your chicken
7. Squeeze half of a lemon over the chicken in the pan
8. Allow the chicken to cook half way through (or until the chicken and prosciutto have goldened on the bottom – do not let it burn)
9. Turn the chicken over to brown the lemon and chicken
10. Place in the over until cooked through (mine was perfectly cooked after 15 minutes in the oven).
11. I served mine with brocoli and cauliflower. You may even chose to place it on a bed of mash potato.
Enjoy the freshness of lemon contrasting with the saltiness of the prosciutto. Yummo!
Hope all of your weeks have started off well!