For those advent calendar eaters – I hope you have enjoyed your first six treats! Only three more days until we can start driving around Lobethal looking at Christmas lights. Christmas cards are written, carols are playing and our tree is nearly up! This season excites me like bananas excite a monkey. I only wish that chocolate, pudding and biscuits were vegetables. What are you doing to prepare for Christmas?
The yummy little treats I made here satisfied my chocolate craving. Because they were so easy, here is the recipe. All of the ingredients won’t require a special trip to a supermarket. Make them now.
What you will need:
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
– 2 cups of plain flour
– 1 tablespoon of baking powder
– 1/2 cup of cocoa
What you will need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. In a mixing bowling, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa
4. Roll spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased tray and press to flatten slightly
5. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
6. Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes until moving them onto a cooling rack.
Some extra ideas and notes:
I added a spoonful of peanut butter for something different, chocolate and peanut butter are made for each other!
You can also add chocolate chips or nuts if you love some texture.
I decorated the top of the biscuits with 100s and 1000s for colour, you can keep them plain or decorate them too.
Make these biscuits your own, vary the recipe as you wish, decorate how you wish and add what you wish. Enjoy!
The traditional recipe was found here.